August 25, 2011

Destination NYC: Post 1 | Why Am I Moving??


So I decided when I was about 16-years-old that NYC was where I wanted to live. At that time I had never visited before. I just knew it was a great place that everyone 'makes it big'. 

In the past year and a half, I was finally fortunate to visit the city twice! Imagine how you think that was for me. After so long of waiting I'm finally fed up with Charlotte, NC to the point where I can't stay here another year. 

1. It's time for a change of scenery! Sometimes people just need to get our of their norm and experience something new. Yes I will pay more in rent, but it's a small price to pay in order to have access to the people and resources I can't here in Charlotte. 

2. Access to different types of clothes has to be the biggest complaint of mine in Charlotte

3. My desired career is in fashion. Charlotte is not a fashion capitals there is no use waiting around for a job with Teen Vogue here.

I'm going to continue to keep you guys all updated on my big move. As of today I have 130 days in the countdown but it's so many things I have to evaluate and deal with before this move can happen!

No comments: