October 29, 2009

tip_smelly shoes?


Do you have smelly shoes like me? Is it because you don't wear socks? Well I love the "no sock" look when wearing slip-on shoes. I don't think I have ever wore a pair of socks with my Vans. I try not to as much as possible. So the major downfall of not wearing socks is that your shoes will stink, regardless of how well you wash your feet. It's just a natural consequence because the whole purpose of socks are to absorb the sweat from your feet. The sweat in the shoe than sits and smells.

I have spent too much time trying to figure out ways to cure this problem. It's embarrassing having friends come over when I know the smell from my shoes are unbearable! [Febreeze doesn't help by the way LOL!] Here are some easy steps I found to do:

1. If your shoes are damp at all from the sweat, remove them and replace them with insoles that are meant to kill bacteria. [This is the best solution, but if you don't want to pay the extra money, follow the other steps below].

2. Put the shoes in a zip-loc bag and put them in the freezer.

3. After wearing, pour a little baking soda in the shoes.

4. If all else fails, go to a pet store and purchase an odor remover such as Nature's Miracle that contains enzymes or bacteria.

Christian Nathaniel

No comments: