May 30, 2010

Patricia Fields + Sex And The City 2

Sex and the City costume designer Patricia Fields explains some of the more fabulous and iconic looks from the movie. She explains the looks above below:

"It was a concern of Sarah Jessica’s that Carrie’s not a kid anymore, and so maybe we should change her style, but I said, 'No, she's not a kid, but she's still Carrie! She doesn't all of a sudden have a lobotomy and become like Charlotte, or become a designer-driven dresser.'

In this shot, Carrie has a potpourri on." (This is the $50,000 outfit.) "That’s a Chanel skirt over a pair of jeans by the Blonds, the same design team that made Samantha’s dress. They have all these cuts and slits in them, behind which are Swarovskis and studs. And it’s just a simple blouse she’s wearing, I think it's vintage, which is classic Carrie.

Charlotte’s wearing a vintage YSL that I found at a vintage dealer in New York.

Here, Miranda's wearing an old Halston, which I used a lot of in the movie. It’s green, one of those colors that not many women can wear, but that looks great on her. I’m not sure what’s going on with her hair, though. I don’t like it curled up that way. Hair-makeup and wardrobe are two different departments.

I love Samantha’s dress! It’s from a design team that I have a personal relationship with called the Blonds. They're both men, but one dresses like a woman, and they're like a couple. And Phillipe Blond was wearing this red dress at some event we were both at, and I said to him, 'Phillipe we have to have that dress for the movie!' ... You know how people talk about how Samantha is just like a drag queen?


No comments: