November 16, 2011

Interview: Model Joelle Ford

How old are you?
I am 19 years old.

Why do you like to model?
I like to model because for me it's like one of those things that many people don't think that they can do because of the way the look or walk or any number of things but for me it's like I have all these insecurities but I still want to go for it anyway to prove to not only those around me that I can do it but also to myself.

Do people often get you confused for a biological female when looking at your work? 
I hear it every time I get dressed up. I often go out to places that are not of a homosexual atmosphere and no one can ever tell that I'm not real.

What do you have to say for ignorance that you may have experienced?
I can't really say that I have had to deal with ignorance because whenever I dress up no one can tell the difference so it's like my own little secret. I have seen others that are not as "real" me who get treated badly by ignorant people. People are always going to have their own idea of how people should be or what is and is not normal or ok so it's like you have to deal with people when you are in this industry. I may not have heard it yet but I'm sure there will come a day.


Do you prefer modeling as Joelle? 
Yes I do prefer modelling as Joelle oppose to Joey because it's more feminine.

What/who made you model as Joelle?
I came up with Joelle on my own. For sometime when I first started out modelling I didn't change my name but after being in it for awhile Joelle just kinda popped up in my head and I ran with it.

What would you like to be doing for the future with your passion? Any steps you plan to take?
Well as of now I am just focused on building my portfolio and getting myself out there and just staying busy. But for the future I would like to be a professional Male Female Illusionist. I am even considering trying out for America's Next Top Model in July of 2012 but I am still unsure..I just plan to keep on getting out there with the fashion shows photo shoots whatever I can book I plan to do it to get me to where I want to be which is a professional Male Female Illusionist.

No comments: