March 28, 2012

DIY: My Custom Gold Studded Chuck Taylor Project

I always wanted a pair of studded Christian Louboutin slip-ons, but since I can't afford them I decided to try out the studded trend by my own means while being creative. 

To satisfy my studded apparel fetish, I went out to Mood designer fabric store in the Garment District in Midtown Manhattan and got two packs of gold studs that ended up only being $9 for 144 pieces. Not bad I'd say for a starters pack. 

Here are the final results. I didn't go to crazy with the studs since I wasn't going for "flashy". I also applied the studs on the both of the outer sides of the shoe. The application process was not hard at all if you were wondering, it took me no more than 1 hour to complete both shoes.

I'm ready to give my newly revamped shoes a spin and will hopefully have an outfit photo for you as soon as I set that up. 

1 comment:

cc said...

Yes this makes me happy! Great idea!

www.crystalchanel.com